Dear Novel

Dear Novel,

First, I owe you an apology. Over the last couple of months, I know that we haven’t spent much quality time together. I’ve been so busy at work and I’m sorry if you felt that I was neglecting you.

I really appreciate your patience. I know that we’ve talked about our future and exciting plans. I haven’t forgotten. Sometimes it’s the only thing that has kept me going over these last few crazy weeks. Please know that you’ve been close in my heart all this time.

I’m excited about our upcoming vacation together. My hope for us is that we can rekindle the creativity and passion again in Hawaii. I look forward to spending quality time with you on the beach in the shade of palm trees. You will have the full attention you deserve and I will listen to you and we can move forward.

I want you to know that I haven’t given up on us and please know that you are a very important part of my life.

Love always,
Karen

If you could write a letter to your novel, what would you say?

Comments

hehehe. Love the idea of a passionate trip with your novel to Hawaii! Sounds a little more steamy than I think it will be! ;)

I think if I were to write a letter to my own novel it would be something along the lines of, “I’m doing this for us! Please cooperate!”

This is great, Karen! And how could your novel not forgive you when you’re taking it to Hawaii????
    In my letter, I’d ask my novel to talk to me more, open up. Hmmm, maybe I should take it out to dinner.

• says

I’m hoping that novel will enjoy the beautiful scenery. Last night, when I tried to open up a scene, it actually was corrupted (don’t’ worry, I had a backup). I think the novel is trying to send me a message so we MUST connect back with each other! :)

Writing in Hawaii sounds like a dream. I hope you’re able to get a lot done!

My letter to my current WIP would say “Hang on, you’re almost there!” to get through this final (for now) stretch of revising.

I’ve just finished (as of 5 mins ago) the latest draft of my wip. So I would write to tell it to have a great vacation while I’m stuck at home, reading through the first draft of my new wip. :D

LOL! I love it. I think my novel is ready to divorce me if I don’t start giving it more attention as well. Glad you got Hawaii!

• says

It’s so hard with a full-time job, family and other responsibilities. My novel and I are still on shaky ground. Maybe Hawaii will give me that second chance. Ha.